Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hiking Dobong

I got the hiking bug last weekend and attempted Mt. Dobong, part of Bukhansan National Park in Northern Seoul. There's a huge hiking boom right now in Korea. Most of the hikers are older men and women. On the weekends they fill the subways, dressed to the nines in their brand name hiking gear, complete with walking sticks. The hiking was practically shoulder to shoulder as the mountain was jampacked with people! I had never seen anything like it in my life! I didn't take a picture as I don't really want to remember the mountain like that!
Little shops at the bottom of the mountain, where you can buy alcohol (cause hiking drunk is so great, I guess), lunch, or hiking gear
back to the station
A mysterious little side path
Dobong nature
We didn't make it to the first peak, but we did make it to the temple just under the peak. We ran out of water and needed to refill.
temple entrance
Lanterns decorated the sky, probably left over from Buddha's birthday
temple lanterns
Seoul in the distance
Seoul from the top
the view at the top
view from Dobong
the trail
Dobong path
My hiking companions Jungho and Mini
hot hikers
On the way down I had to stop and soak my feet in the river
Dobong ravine 2
Other hikers had the same idea
Dobong ravine 3

No comments: