Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Maui for Beginners

Maui 101
The coastline along Ho'okipa

I have never seen water this beautiful before, and I have never worn shorts so often in winter!

Ho'okipa is next to "Jaws," the beach where the machine-gun toting surfing scene for Die Another Day was filmed

What I shall refer to as the Peacock Palm, at the Garden of Eden on the Hana Highway
Garden of Eden
Puohokamoa Falls, which I badly wanted to swim at the base of!

Keopuka Rock, of Jurassic Park opening scene-fame, hiding at the bottom in the background
Keopuka Rock
Sea spray at Keanae
Keanae
Maui's famous red dirt, on the way to Honomanu Bay
Honomanu Red Dirt
Shannon Falls, I named it after me because I don't know the real name!

6 comments:

obwegesser said...

Akemashite Omedeto!!!
Wow Hawaii is really a heaven, isn't it? The shot of "Sea spray at Keanae" is awesome!!! I think you can beat heneganov' master pieces!!! Have a wonderful holidays! Kotoshimo Yorosiku ne!

cath said...

I'm with Jun, the sea spray photo is great. Have a good time hey!

Papigiulio said...

Very nice pictures im stunned :)

T said...

i'm so jealous. i was just there in march. i want to go back so badly. why are you in hawaii?

James Heneghan said...

Did you take the 'Sea spray at Keanae' photograph? It's nice. I hope you didn't get your camera wet!!

Anonymous said...

i had a bunch to catch up on. nice pics all around, not just of hawaii. who are all of your new friends? i'm jealous...