Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Farewell, to my camera and my students!

So my digital camera, which I bought just 2 years ago, went and got sick. I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet, the dog didn't bury it. For some reason it just decided to take pictures with vertical gray bars in every shot. This came at a bad time, because yesterday was my first day of "goodbye" classes. For the next month there's going to be lots of farewells and three-sentence letters from students telling me "Thank you for teaching us English. We had fun. Good luck." My jail camera (because it suddenly likes putting my pics behind bars) will cost $150 to fix. That's half what I paid for it 2 years ago! I knew last weekend I was going to need a camera pronto, so I did the only sane thing a person could do: I bought a new digital camera, the Canon Powershot S3 IS. It's awesome, just look at the photos below and see for yourself! (of course, the pictures aren't so awesome when the photographer is crap and Blogger likes to squeeze pictures into strange contortions, but the camera is still good)!

Farewell with one of my 5th grade classes...I've known them since they were 2nd graders...sigh!

A handmade "bok" (book) from 9 0f my 5th graders

One of my 6th grade classes actually cooked miso soup and rice for my lunch yesterday! Good stuff!

playing Fruit Basket with my 6th graders

M.C.'s for the farewell festivities

more fruit basket with the 6th graders...I really like this shot!

2 comments:

cath said...

How exciting, that you have a new camera!!!! I hope the farewells go ok. It is kinda sad saying goodbye to kids.

Tristan Vick said...

Good byes are always hard. Hellos are harder, especially if you don't even want to know the person, or if you don't like the person.