Saturday, July 29, 2006

Thanks for the memories!

Let`s start with the man. 1. He`s my travelling partner, and 2. He LOVES having goofy photos taken of himself (lie: I actually enjoy the goofy photos) I`m dedicating my first non-Fukuoka blog post to the one person on the planet who had the courage to agree to be my travelling buddy. This one`s for Jam Jam! Here`s to a fabulous friend, to 3 years of good music and good fun, and to neither of us being able to flush our toilet paper down the toilet in Taipei! Thanks for everything Jam Jam!


James the karaoke master knows how to handle a mic (Marika looks on in awe)

Sweaty Musicians
The sayonara gig was incredibly hot but a lot of fun. I hadn`t been to bed at 5 in the morning for a long long time


The feather boa is ALWAYS a must for hardcore rock acts like ours!

MC Jam Jam
James loves Mitsuya Cider SOOOO much he had to bring it into Taiwan with him. It kept him busy on the bus while impatiently watching out for the world`s tallest building, the Taipei 101

NY Taipei 101
Might as well get some actual Taipei photos in while I`m at it! The Statue of Liberty can`t hold a torch to the Taipei 101

Shan Shan does 101
Getting my groove on with the 101 (which has 101 floors and reaches the 89th floor within 40 seconds or so!)


This little guy sadly sits outside, either waiting for his owner or depressed about the snake handling that goes on in Snake Alley


KMall, home of Hostelling International-Taipei, conveniently located right smack in the heart of the city


Both James and I were beyond exhausted today after packing and cleaning for weeks, so we ordered a little SB to pep us up

sleepy Jam Jam
However it didn`t energize us, and we ended up falling asleep in the coffee shop. This is the most peaceful and calm James has probably looked in a couple of months! We were then jolted awake by a small surprise earthquake


I`m not sure what`s up with all the exhausted dogs here, they look the way I feel! This one snoozes out on a ledge on the way up the Mt. Tiger Hiking Trail


Taipei 101 with sunset


A bit blurry and tired, but James does his best to support the 101


A satisfactory end to an extremely long and hot hike up the Mt. Tiger Hiking Trail, just to get the perfect shot of the 101. We reckon we walked more than 4 or 5 kilometers in total

No comments: