Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back "home"


I arrived "directly" back home (via Taipei, Hong Kong, & Canada) two weeks ago to the day. The last time I crossed the border between the states and Canada I was only 2 years old or so, so this sign was new to me!


The family was waiting in the Vancouver airport for me!

JD
It was nice to see a John Deere truck on the interstate driving back to Montana! My dad has worked for them for so long that they feel like home. Plus the angle in this shot really supports Montana's nickname- the Big Sky state!


More JD with a whole lot of MT countryside in the background


Being that it's summer in Montana, there's basically a forest fire around every corner. This one's next to the interstate just outside of Missoula, where I graduated from university. There were even helicopters transporting water


Back to the weekly radio show, where I just sit for three hours bothering the other DJs and making unfunny comments!

SPdowntown
August is "Sweet Pea" season! Bozeman is famous for the Sweet Pea Festival, a giant music and arts celebration held the first weekend of every August. The Wednesday night before Sweet Pea is the Bite of Bozeman. 5 blocks of Main Street are closed down and the locals run amock buying up food from the vendors!



My dinner was from Dave's Sushi. Sorry Dave, but it just wasn't the same as my Japanese conveyor belt sushi!


turkey leg
My mother, being the carnivore she is, had the giant turkey leg...blech!


The Friday and Saturday night of Sweet Pea is reserved for music! Here all the music lovers gather in the bowl for a music & dancing bonanza

My lovely friends and fellow music freaks John, Kelly, & Molly

Just to prove I was there!


Saturday night's band, America's premier contemporary new wave polka band,Brave Combo, rocked the park!

4 comments:

car said...

great pictures Shannon! isn't it weird to go back to Bozeman after being gone for so long? I was just there for a week after being away for 4 years (I came back to NJ right before Sweet Pea). it's a strange feeling but it's also fun to look at it through new eyes:)

p.s. I spent a TON of time downtown, something I didn't do enough of when I lived there

Tristan Vick said...

Well, at least you're still blogging. If you ever start to miss Japan and want an update to make you nostalgic, stop on by! I'm updating regularly again with pics right off my mobile!

Anonymous said...

Shannon!! I miss you !!
Did you get your PC at home??
Kyo wa shigyo shiki dattayo.
kodomotachi wa gakko ni kitayo.
Shannon ni aitaiyo

Love,
Miho

James Heneghan said...

Hehe! Looks like you're having fun in Bozeman!