Friday, April 20, 2007

April 2, 2007

Monday night Ken had to find some more souvenirs to take home, so we were off to Namdaemun. This is Sungnyemun Gate, at the start of Namdaemun
Ken at Sungnyemun Gate
The crosswalks here often have arrows kindly pointing in the direction you should walk and on what side
Namdaeumun directive crosswalk
Namdaemun is an awesome street market, boasting almost anything you could want. Whereas vendors in other street markets here can get pushy and rude, I thought that these vendors in particular were much nicer, plus they all spoke Japanese!
Namdaemun by  night
Next stop was Myeong-dong for dinner, a short walk from Namdaemun. Let's just say Ken was in his element!
Happy in Myeon-dong
Waiting for soup
reflective reflection
Soup's on. This is some weird spicy concoction of soup, spam-like bits, mini hot dogs, leeks, and tofu. I had to pick my way through it
yaki soup?
Korean sprite
Korean sprite

2 comments:

J said...

That Sprite looks awesome. Thanks again for everything Shannon, I hope we make it on your blog, too.

James Heneghan said...

ナイス写真よ!