Monday, August 20, 2007

London

I`m loving, Loving, LOVING London! It`s been mostly gray and drizzly the whole time, but I`m not complaining! It`s a welcome change from the horrible heat of Seoul. I spent my first day walking along the southbank, seeing Houses of Parliament, Big Ben (the Clock Tower), Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, the Globe, St. Paul`s Cathedral, the Tate Modern. It was excellent! It`s beyond expensive here, but well worth it!
Hanging out with James and Katie on the southbank (you can see the London Eye, largest ferris wheel in the world, Houses of Parliament, and the Clock Tower, home of Big Ben, in the background). Katie came down to visit from Newark, she was my roommate in Kumamoto 7 years ago! We had a really good day seeing all sorts of stuff! Thanks for playing with us Katie!

This is King`s Cross Station, probably most well-known to Americans as the Harry Potter train station!


Katie and I found Platform 9 3/4 and tried to push our way through!
Platform 9 3/4
the Gherkin in the distance, London`s infamous pickle-shaped building

The London Aquarium, being attacked by Storm Troopers! Behind the aquarium is County Hall, where a Star War`s exhibition is underway.

No comments: