Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Royal Day Out

Tuesday afternoon I decided to hang at the queen`s place. You know, just another average day! Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace
The Queen Victoria Memorial out front of the palace
Queen Victoria Memorial
Looking rather royal, no?

A palace guard, unfortunately this was the closest I got
Palace guard
One of Her Majesty`s "Phantoms." I purchased a package ticket that allowed me entry into the Royal Mews, where all the horses, carriages, and Rolls Royce`s are kept, the Queen`s Gallery, which houses her private collection of artwork, and the State Rooms in the palace itself. Every summer when the royals are vacationing the palace is opened up to the "commoners" for the mere price of 27 quid (about $54)

The Gold Coach, used for every coronation since 1762

Cloud, one of Her Majesty`s many horses
HM`s horse
The living quarters in the Royal Mews, where the employees sleep. Some families have been serving the queen for generations, and it`s tradition for sons and fathers to work side by side

The Queen`s got taste! It`s nice to see that she uses only the best for the upkeep of the palace gardens! Nothing runs like a Deere!

View of the back of the palace, where the commoners exit, from the palace gardens

The royal geese

The gardens are quite extensive and very beautiful. Again my imagination ran wild here!

Her Majesty`s knobby tree

proof that I was there!

No comments: