Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Namidamaki

Ken and I went for sushi the other night, and I couldn't help but order the "namidamaki." From the pictures, it looked like some kind of green pickled vegetables. There's a rice ball with these pickled veggies that you can buy at most convenience stores, and I quite like it. I should have known from the name "namidamaki," though, that I would be in for trouble.
"Namida" means tear(s), and maki is "roll." What I essentially ordered was a teary-eyed sushi roll (a.k.a. wasabi).



Ken made it look so easy. I thought I could handle it, no problem!



Ha ha ha. Yeah, right. We had a good laugh over it, though, and I'm already looking forward to my next one!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

It might just be the lighting Shannon, but Ken's face looks a little puckered after eating that "teary eyed roll"...

Shannon said...

very true, Kelley! You're totally right.