Sunday, March 12, 2006

Magical World of Plum Blossoms

Well, the Dazaifu Ume yesterday were definitely beautiful!
The Ume Inspection Squad

breath-taking, no?

Whites, pinks, and reds abounded...

Hey, who's this gorgeous lady?
Mai
The pretty lady let me take a picture with her! (Okay, she has a name. It's Mai)
Mai & I
Paper wishes and blossoms

Strangely, there were some Kappa viewing the Ume. What these Japanese fairytale water sprites were doing out of the pond I don't know!

They were coming at us from every angle!
kappa2
They came in droves!
kappa3
The wall of gourd-like amulets

The Plum Blossom Guardian, his bark is worse than his bite
shiza
Ume Rain

awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look too cute in your little green hat! ~Sarah in mso

cath said...

Nice pics and crazy pics! I don't remember the weeping plum but isn't it gorgeous. What has happened to you anyway???????

Tristan Vick said...

Ooh! Flowers! Purdy.

cath said...

Where are your birthday pics? I've been waiting......and waiting.....