Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring Haiku

The following is Haiku and poetry that members of my adult conversation class wrote. I have to say I'm very impressed with their efforts. It's currently cherry blossom season in Japan, so the haiku (which is typically seasonal) is making a very timely debut! My class did a great job!

My town turns spring colors
spring breeze shedding a rain of blossoms
my heart is a little sad
-Miyo
sakura062
On the night of the full moon
it was huge and very beautiful

It was so bright that the stars
couldn't be seen

I was beside myself
-Etsuko

flower in spring
I'm thinking at the window
beautiful Shannon
-Masa (he likes to butter me up!)

The cherry blossoms
like haze or a sea of clouds
on a mountain

after wind and rain
a petal of the cherry blossom
on a window's glass
-Eiko
sakura bud
when I feel spring
cat's hair that has come out
and lightly mimosa blossoms
-Miyoko

4 comments:

Tristan Vick said...

Eiko's poem is wonderful! Anyway, I have good news Shannon, I got accepted to JET Program! My love and I will be united soon! Hopefully I'll get to see you again someday too. Drop me a line some time!

J said...

Hey, those sakura look familiar! We should "hanami" tomorrow at lunch .. I know a good combini that sells alcohol.

cath said...

love the pics and the haiku match so well, or is it the other way around??? The light and shade are lovely. Especially like Masa's haiku :-)

James Heneghan said...

How about this one?...

Spring has arrived
Japanese salarymen drink too much beer
My endless pain