Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goodbye Korea, Hello Japan

Jegi dong ajuma
An "ajuma" selling her food on the streets of Jegi dong, seen through the window of the highway bus on my way to Incheon Airport
Jegi Dong market
one of many little crowded shops, this one is for Oriental Medicine
Goodbye Seoul
the view of Northern Seoul from across the Han River
Jackie Chan Ken
Ken, putting together a coat tree, goes all Jackie Chan...
Jackie Chan Ken 2
Jackie Chan Ken 3
Nagayo this way
Nagayo Town may look sleepy...
Nagayo that way
but the traffic is ALWAYS backed up when it's not between 9am-5pm
plum
the plum blossoms are blooming in my new town!
Nagayo River
my bus stop and the mighty Nagayo River
the apt building
the rear of the apartment building
the new bike
my new bike, again red, doesn't yet have a name
the bedroom view
the view from the bedroom
the garden
we have a little garden outside our living room! I planted flowers yesterday!
the bedroom
our bedroom (gets great afternoon light)
the living room
the living room (gets great morning light)
my copy chair
my glider (so I can rock like my mom!); it's in the tatami room, which wasn't ready to be photographed when I took this!
lazy boy reclining
Ken doing what he does best
the kitchen
the kitchen is pretty small, but cozy
our parking space #7
our parking space...aw shucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I miss Japan.

James Heneghan said...

Well done, Shannon! It's not easy to make choices like these, and I really hope things work out for you in Nagasaki!

You might have a visitor from England next spring!

James