Friday, March 02, 2007

I made it!

Well, posting is going to be fun. Blogger comes up in Korean, so I'm not sure what I'm clicking. So far, so good! I got in last night, hopped on a bus, took a taxi, and somehow ended up at my apartment building after the taxi driver kindly drove me around, completely lost, for 15-20 minutes! My good friend here, Catherine, gave me all sorts of goodies, inclucing some wheat flakes and milk for breakfast this morning. I don't have silverware (that I know of) so I just drank the cereal out of a paper cup! I'm excited that my TV has a bunch of international channels, including Russian, French, Australian, and two Japanese channels! Hooray! I spent over an hour walking around campus this morning looking for my office in the pouring rain. I really need to learn some basic Korean, so far I've just been motioning people over, pointing and grunting live a caveman at the places I need to go! It's fun!
So now I've found my office, I need to go to the bank, find some lunch, and then go back to my place for some jetlag R&R! I'll be taking pictures soon, but until I figure out how to work the internet in my apartment (and buy tons of power adapters since all the outlets are wacky) you'll just have to deal with text!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Sounds like a blast! :) Take a picture of the outlets would you? And keep us posted.