Saturday, March 24, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Sunday

My last post was my 100th post, just thought I should mention! Okay, yes. It's a new weekend already, but I never posted about my last Sunday! I went to watch FC Seoul, and if you can believe it it was my first live football game ever! I actually enjoyed it... a lot! It's much more interesting than a lot of other sports. I get bored easily with basketball and American football. So many time outs, and basketball is on a small court. Football (soccer), though, is fast paced for 45 minutes and the action doesn't stop for long. Plus last weeks game had a great half time! You'll see in a bit! Last night I found a TV special on Thierry Henry, one of the best strikers in the game. He is AMAZING! I'm so excited to learn more!
Meet Liam and Naheen, my coworkers and new good friends, who introduced me to my first game!

It's funny. When I was in Fukuoka James talked about football A LOT and I never paid any attention. Now I'm wishing I had taken more interest!
FC Seoul, the Red Devils, played Jeju. We won 1-0

Hee hee hee, soccer butts aren't half bad...
Jeju team
My ticket stub. Cute for a ticket, don't you think!
my first soccer game
The fans. Pretty crowded for a little Sunday game, but then it was a K-1 game!
FC Seoul Fans
The game was in the World Cup Stadium. Quite impressive!


After the kickoff the crazy Seoul fans on the goal end gave us a giant banner w/a cheesy slogan for Adidas

There were rows and rows of kids in front of us! Someone felt it was necessary to bring in 6 grocery bags of snacks for them! Incredible!

Half time was the best! I'd never seen anything like it! I still laugh about it! The cheerleaders came out and did the Thriller dance to Sir Mix-a-lot's "I like Big Butts." Classic! I'd pay money just to see that again!

Hopefully the first of many more! Go Red Devils!

1 comment:

James Heneghan said...

Yes indeed! You should have paid more attention! However, I'm happy to hear that you have finally seen the light.

A famous football man once said:

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."